Vacancy: Gymnastics Head Coach
Gymnastics Head Coach
Bolton Arena has been delivering recreational gymnastics for more than 15yrs. We are now seeking a Head Coach who can make a difference, someone who has the passion and drive to deliver exceptional programs and make positive changes. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills and be able to motivate and inspire the coaching team and recreational gymnasts; plan & deliver high quality gymnastics sessions, oversee safety, and supervise coaches and volunteers. This position is directly responsible for training, instructing, and coaching, as well as communicating with parents and partners and developing links with organisations outside the Arena, e.g. schools, other clubs, etc.
Terms: Permanent post
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Hours will be arranged with the Head of Sport and will include evening and weekend working.
An example shift pattern may be:
Monday 13:30 - 20:30
Tuesday 11:00 - 18:00
Wednesday 13:30 - 20:30
Thursday 12:00 - 19:00
Salary: circa £24,000 - £28,000 & commensurate with experience
Main Duties & responsibilities
- Lead and oversee the delivery of gymnastics sessions, ensuring sessions are engaging, motivating and active throughout.
- Develop an appropriate, progressive and motivating program which engages gymnasts of all ages and abilities
- Observe the full session , interacting with each and every child offering positive feedback and improvement points
- Engage and liaise with the assistant coaches to ensure session delivery is exceptional, offering positive, open and honest feedback where appropriate.
- Build rapport with parents and offer opportunities for parents to engage, and offer feedback about positive activity or areas of concern.
- Provide information and effectively communicate booking procedures, news and up & coming events with participants.
- Plan and execute new ideas to expand recreational gymnastics.
Planning and line management
- Plan and deliver sessions appropriate to the ability of participants.
- Liaise with Line Manager to ensure there are regular, appropriate training opportunities for staff and volunteers.
- Identify and recruit volunteers and coaches in line with club procedures, eg. Ex-gymnast volunteers to assist in the running of the club activities.
- Planning and delivering appraisals for coaches.
- Be responsible for mentoring volunteers and coaches.
Essential Qualifications / Experience required
- Current BG (or equivalent) minimum Level 2+ general or artistic qualification
- Sport and Leisure Related Degree and or Further Education qualifications
- Proven attendance at Disability Awareness and Child Protection courses.
- Experience of managing gymnastics programmes in a leisure setting
- Experience of implementing new sports programmes in school and or leisure centres
- Knowledge of budgetary control and ability to compile and manage revenue income and expenditure budgets
- Strong administration skills and organisational abilities
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer care and service standard
- Experience in setting and achieving goals
- Experience in attending and managing gymnastics competitions
- BG (or equivalent) level 3 qualification
- BG (or equivalent) Pre-School qualification
- Previous experience of leading a successful gymnastics program
Other Personal Qualities and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to motivate and inspire both coaches and gymnasts of all ages and abilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Flexible about tasks and working hours
- A good sense of humour
- Able to work on their own initiative to high standards and with minimum supervision
- Willingness to support colleagues and participate as a member of the team
Excellent employee benefits include:-
- free Health & Fitness membership
- enhanced holiday entitlements up to 34 days per year
- competitive rates of pay
- uniform provided
- pension scheme with up to 6% employer contribution (subject to qualifying period)
- career development and training opportunities
- partners discounts scheme
Please request further information and a full job description or email your CV in the first instance to Kathryn Platt, Human Resources Manager email@example.com
Closing date for applications:- Friday 28th January 12:00