Olympic Weightlifting Programme Introduced
Here at USN Bolton Arena, we’re always looking to enhance and develop workouts for our members. We understand that all members train differently, and that this is something we need to cater for.
Starting from the 4th July, we’ll be running specialist weightlifting programmes in an area designed specifically for this type of training. All sessions will be delivered by current member, Chris Halsall. Chris competed in a number of national and international competitions for England and Great Britain. He has developed his coaching career over a number of years, and will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge which is crucial in such a discipline.
What will the weightlifting course cover?
- How to perform and develop both Olympic lifts in the Snatch and Clean and Jerk.
- How to improve your technique in key areas and self-assess improvement.
- How to avoid injuries through correct technical positioning in the lifts and exercises.
- Increase your strength, speed, flexibility and power using the appropriate exercises and techniques.
- Develop an understanding of the assistance lifts and how to schedule these into a training programme.
- Improve your performance in any sport.
Key course details
- 6 week programme
- Beginning Wednesday 4th July
- Hourly sessions – Weds 8.30pm-9.30pm
- £50 per block for members
- No extra equipment required.
- Pay & Play available. £10 per session
For more information on the course, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To book please contact reception on 01204 488100.